American Airlines welcomes pregnant women onboard according to the guidelines listed below. You can rest assured that our dedicated team will ensure that your journey is as comfortable as possible. Please remember that wheelchair assistance is at hand if you need additional help at the airport.
- Please note that travel is not advised within 30 days of your due date
- If you need to travel within 30 days of your baby's due date, you will need to visit your doctor 48 hours or less prior to your flight to obtain written certification that you are medically fit for flying. The certificate will need to be presented at check-in
- In addition, if you need to travel within 10 days of your baby's due date, authorisation from our Special Assistance Team must be obtained. Please contact Reservations for
Travel within the United States, between the United States and Canada, or between the United States/Canada and Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands
- Travel is permitted up to 7 days before your baby's delivery date. A medical certificate is not necessary in a uncomplicated pregnancy
- Please note that travel is not permitted within 7 days before or after your baby's delivery date
Exception: If you are connecting to / from an international flight within 7 days prior to or following your due date, authorisation from our Special Assistance Team must be obtained. Please contact Reservations for more information