American Airlines offers legal information to assist you with the best possible experience throughout your travels and on our website:
aa.com site usage
Thank you for visiting the American Airlines Website titled "aa.com" and if you have done so, downloading the American Airlines Mobile Application (collectively, the "Site"). In return for gaining access to the Site and using it, you agree to be bound by the following Agreement without limitation or qualification, so please carefully review this Agreement before proceeding. If you do not intend to be legally bound by these terms and conditions, do not access and use the Site. American Airlines reserves the right to change this Agreement and to make changes to any of the products or programs described in the Site at any time without notice or liability. Any such revisions are prospectively binding on you and therefore you should periodically visit this page when you use the Site to review the then current Agreement that binds you. American Airlines also reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to deny you access to the Site at any time. American Airlines enters into agreements with third parties from time to time to provide our customers with the opportunity to obtain special services, products or prices offered by the third party. You will not be deemed to be violating this agreement when acting in accordance with the terms and conditions of any such program. Likewise, the terms and conditions in this agreement will be considered broadened to the extent needed to permit such third parties to operate within the terms of a written agreement they have entered into with us. The titles in this Agreement are provided only for your convenience and are not to be used in interpreting the Agreement.
Intellectual property notifications
Unless otherwise noted, all information, AAdvantage® account information, articles, data, images, passwords, Personal Identification Numbers ("PINs"), screens, text, user names, Web pages, or other materials (collectively "Content") appearing on the Site are the exclusive property of American Airlines Group, Inc., or American Airlines, Inc., or their subsidiaries and affiliates:
- All information, products, services and software contained on or used in the Site ("Content") is Copyright 2019 by American Airlines, Inc. All rights reserved. Please assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted to, or used with permission by, American Airlines unless otherwise noted.
- The trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade dress (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. or others.
- Images of people, objects, or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by American Airlines Group, Inc., or American Airlines, Inc., or their subsidiaries and affiliates.
- American Airlines owns or uses by permission all software contained on the Site, including without limitation all HTML code and Active X controls. Copyright and other laws and international treaty provisions protect this software. The law expressly prohibits any modification, redistribution, or reproduction of the software, and such actions could result in severe civil and criminal penalties. American Airlines will seek and support prosecuting violators to the maximum extent possible.
- You may not copy, display, distribute, download, license, modify, publish, re-post, reproduce, reuse, sell, transmit, use to create a derivative work, or otherwise use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes. Nothing on the Site shall be construed to confer any grant or license of any intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, by implication, or otherwise.
- For additional information regarding American's intellectual property, please click on the "Copyright" link at the bottom of any page.
Your representations and warranties
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the Site in accordance with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You accept financial responsibility for all use of the Site under your name or account, including without limitation all uses of your account by others, including minors living with you. You may allow other members of your household to use the Site under your name or account only if you agree to pay all charges that they incur and to be responsible for all other aspects of their usage. You further agree to supervise all minors who use the Site under your name or account. You agree not to assign, transfer, or sublicense your rights pursuant to this Agreement.
Your indemnity obligation
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless American Airlines and its affiliates from and against any and all claims, demands, proceedings, suits and actions, including any related liabilities, obligations, losses, damages, deficiencies, penalties, taxes, levies, fines, judgments, settlements, expenses (including legal and accountants' fees and disbursements) and costs (collectively, "Claims"), based on, arising out of or resulting from your use of the Site, including without limitation any Claims alleging facts that if true would constitute your breach of this Agreement.
Limitations on your use
American Airlines provides the Site solely to permit you to determine the availability of goods and services offered on the Site and to make legitimate reservations or otherwise transact business with American Airlines, and for no other purposes. The Site is for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree that you will use the Site's services only to make legitimate reservations or purchases for you or for another person for whom you are authorized to act both legally and under the terms of this Agreement.
You agree that without limitation you shall not make any fictitious, fraudulent, or abusive reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand. In addition, you agree that you shall not make any duplicate or impossible/illogical reservation. (See Conditions of carriage for definitions of Fictitious, Fraudulent or Abusive and Duplicate or Impossible/Illogical reservations.) If American Airlines determines that you have confirmed multiple reservations to one or more destination on or about the same date, American Airlines may without notice cancel all confirmed space associated with the multiple reservations. You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of purchase American Airlines imposes including, but not limited to, payment of all amounts when due and compliance with all rules regarding availability of fares, products, or services. You are completely responsible for all assessments, charges, duties, fees, and taxes arising out of your use of the Site.
Your account information is owned by and proprietary to American Airlines. While you may access your account information through the Site, you may not give access to your account to any person or entity other than a member of your household or a person that you directly supervise as part of your career or employment. You may not give access to your account to any third party on-line service, including, but not limited to any mileage management service, mileage tracking service, or mileage aggregation service.
You must access your account information directly through the Site and not through a third party Website, including but not limited to any mileage management service, mileage tracking service, or mileage aggregation service. You also violate this Agreement if you enable an AAdvantage member to access account information without visiting the Site.
You agree that you will not misuse the Site. "Misuse" includes, but is not limited to, using the Site to do any of the following:
- Distribute, disseminate, post, or publish any information or material that degrades, embarrasses, harasses, humiliates, intimidates, or threatens any individual or group of individuals on the basis of their age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, sex, sexual orientation, union or nonunion affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
- Abuse, defame, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate others' legal rights, including but not limited to rights of privacy and publicity.
- Download or upload files that may damage the operation of another's computer, such as computer viruses, corrupt files, or similar software.
- Download or upload files that contain materials, including but not limited to software that violate the intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights of others unless you own, control, or have been authorized to exercise such rights.
- Misrepresent or omit the origin or source of any file you download or upload.
- Download or upload files that do not contain the posted proprietary language, author attributions, and/or copyright, patent, or trademark notices.
- Distribute, disseminate, post, or publish any indecent, infringing, obscene, or unlawful information or material.
- Engage in any commercial purpose including but not limited to: Advertising or offering to sell any goods or services; conducting contests or surveys; distributing chain letters, or advertising with respect to any Ponzi scheme or pyramid scheme; advertising or offering to sell any business opportunities, direct sales opportunities, employment, independent contractor positions, multi-level marketing opportunities, or securities.
- Post, send, or otherwise disclose confidential information, trade secrets, or other confidential and/or protected proprietary data of any entity or person, including but not limited to American Airlines Group, Inc., American Airlines Inc., or their subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Download or upload files that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through the Site.
- Upload, download, or otherwise export or re-export software from the Site: (1) to a national or resident of or into any country the U.S. has embargoed, including without limitation, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea or Syria; (2) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals list, or (3) to anyone on the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Denial Orders.
- Copy or create derivative works from, display, distribute, license, perform, publish, recreate, reproduce, sell, transfer, or transmit any information, products, services, or software obtained by, from, or through the Site.
- Monitor or copy any Content by using any manual process, or any robot, spider, or other automatic device, without first obtaining American Airlines' prior written consent.
- Act as an agent or attorney in fact for any person who is not a member of your immediate household; or your direct supervisor at your place of employment.
- Take any action that will or could impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our site infrastructure.
- Act as a mileage management service, mileage tracking service or mileage aggregation service for any AAdvantage member.
- Access information about any AAdvantage member protected by site log-in and post it on any other Website, with or without that AAdvantage member's consent.
- Utilize an AAdvantage member's password or personal identification number during log-in, unless you are: the AAdvantage member to whom that password or personal identification number is assigned (the "Authorized AAdvantage member"); a family member of the Authorized AAdvantage Member, acting with the Authorized AAdvantage Member's permission; or an employee of the Authorized AAdvantage Member's employer, acting with the Authorized AAdvantage Member's permission.
- Engage in any other conduct that is, or that American Airlines deems to be, in conflict with this Agreement. American Airlines forbids such Misuses, and access of the Site for any such Misuses or other similar purposes is an unauthorized use of the Site.
No warranty by American Airlines
The Content may contain inaccuracies and/or typographical errors. American Airlines may alter, change or improve the Content at any time and without notice. American Airlines makes no representations or warranties as to the Content's completeness or accuracy, and makes no commitment to update the Content. American Airlines makes no representations about the Content's suitability for any purpose.
YOU USE THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR TITLE. IN NO EVENT SHALL AMERICAN AIRLINES OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR FOR ANY OF THE CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, IN EACH CASE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER AMERICAN AIRLINES WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
American Airlines neither warrants nor represents that your use of information and material on the Site will not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of third parties. American Airlines shall not be liable for any virus or other damage to your computer equipment or other property due to your accessing, browsing, or using the Site or due to your downloading any audio, data, images, materials, pictures, text or video from the Site. Because American Airlines provides services and products in many parts of the world, the Site may refer to certain goods, products, and/or services that are not available in your area. A reference to goods, products, and/or services without limiting their geographic scope does not imply that American Airlines offers or intends to offer those goods, products, and/or services in all locations.
Use of information you provide American Airlines
For use of certain services, we may provide you with a pass code. This pass code is proprietary to and the property of American Airlines. However, you must take precautions to insure the security of your pass code. American Airlines assumes no responsibility for and will not be liable in the event that another person learns your pass code or uses your pass code to cause damage to you.
While American Airlines takes reasonable steps to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized access to your private information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your private information. IN NO EVENT SHALL AMERICAN AIRLINES OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY'S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER AMERICAN AIRLINES WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
No offer to sell or buy securities
The information on the Site does not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision.
Links to other sites and to the Site
The Site may provide hyperlinks or references to other sites. While American Airlines endeavors to provide links only to sites that are reputable and safe, we take no responsibility for the information, products, or services obtained on such other sites and will not be liable for any damages arising from your access to such sites. American Airlines provides any such links to other sites merely for your convenience and our inclusion of such links and frames in the Site does not imply an endorsement of the linked or framed sites, their content, or the persons or entities operating those sites. Therefore, you assume sole responsibility for using links or pointers to third parties.
American Airlines specifically denies you permission to hyperlink or provide references to the Site, unless you are allowed to do so under a separate written agreement with American Airlines. You are also denied permission to use any trademarked or copyrighted material to provide such hyperlinks or references, unless you are allowed to do so under a separate written agreement with American Airlines. American Airlines bears no responsibility for sites that provide hyperlinks or references to the Site unless those sites are operated by American Airlines.
Your communication with us
American Airlines will not treat as confidential any communications you send to us by electronic mail or otherwise. American Airlines has no obligation to refrain from publishing, reproducing, or otherwise using your communications in any way and for any purpose.
American Airlines does not accept or consider unsolicited proposals related to its business, including but not limited to proposals for advertising campaigns, logos, names, processes, products, promotions, services, slogans, and technologies. American Airlines therefore requests that you not send such proposals. Please also refrain from sending original creative artwork, blueprints, demonstratives, designs, layouts, photographs, or samples. American Airlines has adopted this policy to prevent claims that we have copied such unsolicited ideas without authorization, when, in fact, we developed the idea independent of or even long before receiving the unsolicited proposal. If you do send us unsolicited proposals, then do so with the understanding that American Airlines may use any concepts, ideas, inventions, know-how, or techniques that you disclose in those communications for any purpose, including the developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing of goods, products, or services. American Airlines may do so free of any obligation to compensate you for that use.
Comparison monitoring of on-line chats or telephone conversations with American Airlines
The Site may provide you the ability to have an on-line chat session with American Airlines or with information as to how you can contact American Airlines by telephone. You may use these functions only for business purposes related to the Site. For quality assurance purposes, American Airlines may monitor, record, and/or transcribe the contents of these communications. By contacting American Airlines, you agree that the communication may be monitored, recorded, and/or transcribed and you consent to the monitoring, recording, and/or transcribing. Such records may be kept indefinitely or disposed of at our discretion.
Your use of Forums
You agree to use any bulletin boards, chat rooms, conferences, or other communication or message facilities ("Forums") contained on the Site only to send and receive material and messages that are proper and related to the particular Forum. You further agree that you will use the Forums in conformity with all applicable laws and this Agreement. You agree that you will not Misuse a Forum.
American Airlines reserves the right to remove at will and without notice any Content on the Site, including anything you post in a Forum. You understand that any use by you of a Forum constitutes a public communication. You understand that American Airlines owns any and all information or material that you post on a Forum. You agree that you waive all of the rights you have to any information or material that you post on a Forum. American Airlines has the right to do whatever it wishes with that information or material, including but not limited to deleting or editing for any reason any posting by you. You further acknowledge that American Airlines does not endorse or sponsor any information or material posted by Forum users, and that American Airlines has no responsibility to approve, review, or screen such information or material.
Forum for actions, governing law, and procedural restrictions
You agree that this Agreement is made and entered into in Tarrant County, Texas. You agree that Texas law governs this Agreement's interpretation and/or any dispute arising from your access to, dealings with, or use of the Site, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any lawsuit brought by you related to your access to, dealings with, or use of the Site must be brought in the state or federal courts of Tarrant County, Texas. You agree and understand that you will not bring against American Airlines Group, Inc., American Airlines, Inc., or any of its affiliated entities, agents, directors, employees, and/or officers any class action lawsuit related to your access to, dealings with, or use of the Site.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement governing your access to, dealings with, and use of the Site. Of course, separate agreements may attach to any goods, products, or services you obtain, purchase, or use from the Site. In the case of a conflict between this Agreement and any agreement specific to any goods, products, or services that you obtain, purchase, or use from the Site, the terms of the specific agreement shall govern.
Any failure of American Airlines to assert any rights it may have under this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of our right to assert the same or any other right at any other time or against any other person or entity. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be stricken from this Agreement without affecting the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
The following information about third-party software used in the American Airlines Mobile Application is provided to you for informational purposes only.
All files are released under the MIT License: The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) 2013-2016 PayPal Holdings, Inc.
Permission is hereby granted; free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.